Fresno, CA Criminal Attorneys Help You in Your Time of Need
Lawyers experienced at criminal defense
The attorneys of Hammerschmidt Broughton Law Corporation bring more than 100 years of combined experience to Central California clients, including those in Fresno, Kings, Madera, Tulare and Merced counties. We are committed to providing the highest level of legal representation to people accused of crimes. Our lawyers have brought more than 350 cases to jury trial, including both state and federal crimes.
Hammerschmidt Broughton Law Corporation has offices located in Fresno and Hanford to better serve our clients. Please contact 559-585-8800 for more information on our Hanford office or visit our Hanford website.
Criminal lawyers working for clients
Hammerschmidt Broughton Law Corporation features defense lawyers who are certified as criminal law specialists in California and former prosecutors who have dealt with a wide variety of scenarios. The firm is proud of our:
- Certified criminal law specialists — Three of our attorneys are certified by the State Bar of California’s Board of Legal Specialization as criminal law specialists. There are fewer than 400 attorneys in the state of California who have earned this important distinction.
- Experience as prosecutors — Jeffrey T. Hammerschmidt and Burton J. Francis have a combined 37 years of experience handling trials as prosecutors. They know the tactics and strategies that are used by federal and state prosecutors.
- History of trustworthy advice — A criminal defense attorney is more than someone who represents you in court. We guide you through the criminal justice system and provide knowledgeable advice at each step of the process.
Representing individuals in state and federal court
The criminal lawyers of Hammerschmidt Broughton Law Corporation represent clients charged with minor and major crimes. Our practice areas include:
- Drug crimes — Our attorneys are experienced at handling drug crimes cases ranging from minor possession to major distribution.
- DUI & BUI defense — A conviction for driving or boating under the influence is a serious matter that can result in jail time and threaten your livelihood. Our attorneys offer creative strategies for clients facing DUI or BUI charges.
- Felony crimes — Felony crimes carry major penalties and enhancements in California. Our attorneys are skilled at obtaining the best possible result in your case.
- Murder, homicide & violent crimes — There is not a more serious charge in the judicial system than murder. Our attorneys have successfully defended clients accused of homicide and manslaughter.
- White collar crimes —Workers compensation, tax fraud, healthcare fraud, employee fraud, premium fraud and embezzlement are all examples of charges of white collar crimes. In a recent white collar fraud case, a client who was charged with three felonies, for which a conviction of any of them would have resulted in deportation and a loss of his professional license, had their case resolved for no jail time, a non-fraud misdemeanor, no deportation and no loss of their professional license.
- Gang crimes — California has taken a drastic approach to gang crimes. Mark A. Broughton is a recognized, experienced attorney at defending those accused of gang crimes in Central California. He is respected in the Fresno legal community and works hard to make sure that you get the representation you deserve.
- Sex crimes — Those accused of sex crimes face a serious stigma, so you need a serious defense. Hammerschmidt Broughton Law Corporation's lawyers fight to protect your rights in and out of the courtroom.
- Domestic violence — Our firm has successfully represented victims and defendants in domestic violence matters. We have extensive experience defending the rights of accused and the rights of victims.
- Juvenile delinquency — Juvenile criminal charges are handled much differently than criminal charges for adults. Our attorneys are experienced in representing juveniles accused of crimes.
- Professional license discipline — A criminal conviction can result in professional discipline for those who hold professional licenses in California, such as physicians, nurses, contractors, real estate agents, insurance agents and others. The attorneys at Hammerschmidt Broughton Law Corporation know how your criminal matter is handled and can impact the disciplinary proceeding with your professional licensing board. Our attorneys handle the criminal case in a manner that will have a positive effect on how the professional board views the case.
- Appeals & post-conviction help — Appellate law is a complex area of law. Our firm experience appeals to all aspects of a criminal conviction.
- Three strikes — California’s Three Strikes Law is the toughest in the nation. Our firm has substantial experience in defending Three Strikes cases. Recent changes in the Three Strikes law have changed the way the law is applied. Our firm has authored articles on these changes and we are fully up to date on the current status of the law.
Contact us to speak with an experienced criminal lawyer at our Fresno office
The criminal lawyers of Hammerschmidt Broughton Law Corporation have more than 100 years of combined experience that helps our clients when they need it the most. We work with you through every phase of the criminal justice process to make sure that you stay informed and aware of all developments. Contact us at 559.248.1469 or online to schedule a no-cost initial consultation at our downtown Fresno office. Se habla español.