California Workers' Compensation Fraud Defense Lawyers
If you are an employer under investigation for workers' compensation fraud or if you are an employee accused of filing a false claim, it is in your best interests to retain experienced, skilled and dedicated legal counsel.
At the Hammerschmidt Broughton Law Corporation, we provide aggressive representation you can rely on. Our principle attorney, Jeffrey T. Hammerschmidt, prosecuted numerous workers' compensation fraud cases as a former deputy district attorney. He now uses this experience to anticipate the prosecution's tactics and build strong defenses on behalf of his clients.
Contact the Hammerschmidt Broughton Law Corporation. Call 559.233.5333 for a strong criminal defense.
A Vigorous Defense for Workers' Compensation Fraud Charges
Workers' compensation fraud is a complicated area that requires in-depth legal knowledge. Our attorneys have a comprehensive understanding of the workers' compensation system and what actions constitute workers' compensation fraud. Whether you are an employer or employee, we offer a vigorous defense designed to protect your rights and your freedom.
In general, workers' compensation fraud encompasses the following actions:
- Classifying workers in a less dangerous job category so the employer pays smaller insurance premiums (premium fraud)
- Refusing to provide workers' comp benefits for an employee
- Threatening to fire or otherwise punish an employee for seeking workers' compensation benefits
- Misrepresenting your company's past employee injuries (experience modification)
- Claiming an injury prevents you from working when it truly doesn't
- Receiving disability benefits while you are still working
An effective defense of these charges requires knowing all the facts. To that end, we will conduct a thorough investigation — separate from the state investigation — to gather evidence that challenges the prosecution's case against you.
If you are an employer or employee who is under investigation or has already been charged with workers' compensation fraud, contact us online or call 559.233.5333 for a free initial consultation.